This Policy applies only to information collected on or through the Sites. It does not apply to information collected or obtained through any other means (including, without limitation, information collected offline, in person, over the telephone and/or by mail, or from third parties outside the Sites).
Information We Collect
We collect three categories of information about you: information you give us, information we collect automatically, and information we collect from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
When you use our Sites, you may provide us certain information. For example, we may collect information from you through:
- Account registration and administration of your account
- Registration for and participation in the Services and administration of the Services
- Any purchase of goods or services offered through the Sites
- Any donations made via the Sites
- Requests or questions you submit to us via forms, email or any other manner
- Your communications and dealings with us, including on our Sites, on third-party social media sites, and by email
- Requests for email updates
The specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Sites you use, how you use them, and what information you choose to provide. The types of data we may collect from you may include:
- Name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Login details and password, if you create an account with us
You may also provide certain financial account information to make a payment, including bank account and/or credit card information. This information is collected and stored by our payment processing partners. We do not access, store or collect your financial account or credit card information.
Information You Provide about Your Children
You may also provide information regarding your child when you register your child for any of the Services. This information may include your child’s:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address, and birth date
- School and grade
Information We Automatically Collect
In addition to the information you provide to us directly, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Sites as follows:
- Websites. When you use our Sites, we may collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Sites, software and hardware attributes (including device types and IDs), referring and exit pages and URLS, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the Sites, upload content, error logs, and other similar information.
- Emails. If you receive an email from us, we may collect information related to whether you open the email, and what content you select to view via the email.
- Location Data. We may also ask your permission to collect precise information about your location, such as your mobile device’s GPS coordinates, cell tower information and/or Wi-Fi signals. We use this information to personalize your experience on the Sites. If you don’t want us to collect and use your specific geo-location information, you can disable the location features on your device. Check your device manufacturer settings for how to do so. Keep in mind that if you disable such features, you might not be able to use some of the services, content, or features of the Sites.
- Collection of Information across personal devices, and applications. Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect — for instance, log-in credentials, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers — to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computer), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
Information We Collect From Social Media and Other Content Platforms
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
Information from Third-Party Sources
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
Cookies and Other Technologies
In conjunction with the gathering of data through cookies, Web servers may log records such as your device type, operating system type, device advertising identifier, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record the address of the Web page that referred you to our website, the IP address (and associated city and state or province for the IP address) of the device you use to connect to the Internet, and data about your interaction with our website, such as which pages you visit.
We may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Sites, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
We may also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) to serve tailored ads to you on the Sites, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Sites. We may provide our customer information (such as email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to target or “retarget” you with ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications. (You may opt out of many of these service providers as described in the next paragraph.)
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Sites, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
When using our mobile applications or others, you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. We may use third-party service providers to deliver advertisements on mobile applications or for mobile application analytics. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving personalized in-application advertisements; thus, you should contact the platform provider for further details on opting out of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the device settings for the respective operating systems to opt-out of tailored in-app advertisements.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations, and solutions.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provide it;
- To enable you to use the Sites or the Services;
- To process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment service providers in connection with the Sites or Services;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal recordkeeping purposes;
- To improve and maintain the Sites and Services, and for product development;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- To provide you with a personalized experience on the Sites or Services;
- To communicate with you;
- To perform market research, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Sites and Services according to your interests;
- Provide security and monitoring, and address technical issues and bugs; and
- For other research and analytical purposes; and
- To protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, security, or property of E|L1, its employees or agents, or other users, and to comply with applicable law.
We may combine information that we collect from you through the service with information that we obtain from affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, and information derived for any other products or services we provide.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Sites. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limited for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties.
How We Share Information
The following provides information about entities with whom we may share information. Our practices may vary depending on the type of information.
Affiliates, Subsidiaries, and Partners. We may share information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as select business partners. For example, we may share information with business partners who provide us a license to use their brands.
Service Providers. We may share information with third parties that help us operate our business and provide our services, such as contractors that provide us with technology, services, data or content.
Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services. We may share information when we believe that doing so is necessary to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of E|L1, our employees or agents or users, or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
Business Transfers. We may transfer the information we hold in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information. We may share aggregated or de-identified data without restriction.
Otherwise with Your Consent or at Your Direction. In addition to the sharing described in this Policy, we may share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
How to Access or Update Your or Your Child’s Information & Other Privacy Choices Available to You
Manage Your Account Information. You may access or modify your account information or your child’s registration information through your account settings.
Email Promotions. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages. You may not opt out of certain operational emails, such as those reflecting our relationship or transactions with you.
Cookies and Other Automated Technologies. For information about opt-out options relating to data collected using cookies and other automated technologies (e.g., for analytics and advertising), please review the hyperlinks in the “Cookies and Other Technologies,” “Online Analytics,” and “Tailored Advertising” sections of this Policy, above.
Third Party Links and Services
The Sites may contain links to third-party websites or services. If you choose to use these sites or services, you may disclose your information not just to those third parties, but also to their users and the public more generally depending on how their services function. Because these third-party websites and services are not operated by E|L1, E|L1 is not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal and other information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third party websites or services, and not this Policy. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of these third parties.
We employ administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information from unauthorized access. These measures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information we have collected from you. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is absolutely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
International Users and Consent to Transfer
Where required, we will use appropriate safeguards when transferring your data outside of the EU. For more information about these safeguards, please contact us as detailed in the “Contacting Us” section below.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Cal. Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to California customers’ inquiries about the categories of personal information that are shared for third parties’ direct marketing purposes over the prior calendar year. You may send those inquiries to us by email at email@example.com to learn the categories of personal information that we may have shared during the prior calendar year.